!khwattu’s new mountain bike trail on the Cape West Coast offers variety, fun, relaxation and spectacular views, at a great family venue perfect for weekend getaways. The trail includes two well-marked routes suitable for all levels of experience, from casual leisure rider to experienced adrenaline junkie. On the 10km, circular green route you may have wonderful encounters with game and the highlight is a 20 metre drop down a granite rock face to a water hole – a safer option is available! Fitter cyclists can continue on the circular red route for 20km of more challenging climbs on neighbouring farms. The hilly red route winds past granite rocky outcrops, along wheat fields and up into the beautiful Ormonde vineyards above Darling. Those who make the collective 800m climb are rewarded with increasingly inspiring vistas of Table Mountain, Langebaan Lagoon and the rolling Darling hills. The icing on the cake is a fun, fast ride back to base for tasty Ormonde wine and !Khwattu’s signature Eland burger.
Single track, jeep track, farm roads, relaxed riding, technical sections, fast moving terrain, fun, beautiful scenery – the !Khwa ttu mountain bike route has it all. Combine that with fascinating San guided tours, gentle hiking trails, local wine, good food, comfortable accommodation, friendly smiles, warmth and professionalism, and its’ enough to draw you back to !Khwa ttu again and again.
• Less than one hours’ drive north of Cape Town along the R27 West Coast Route.
• 10km or 30km options well marked with green and red arrows.
• The 30km option is hilly with a combined climb of around 800 metres.
• Fun, relaxed riding with some technical sections for more advanced cyclists.
• Donation of R30 per person assists with trail maintenance.
• To book contact Jacky Melenephy on 022 492 2998 or email@example.com